This is the kind of hearty delicious pasta everyone loves, it’s perfect on its own or as a side and leftovers are wonderful. If you are a fan of pesto, you will be a super fan of this dish. It’s not imperative that you use tortellini, feel free to experiment with other pastas!
Tortellini With Peas and Pesto Cream Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato pesto or other type of pesto
- 1/2 cup chopped slow roasted tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen English peas (thawed)
- 1 pound cooked vegan tortellini your favorite variety of pasta
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste (optional)
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or parsley, plus more for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan.
- Add onions and sauté, stirring often for about 2 minutes until softened and fragrant.
- Mix in pesto, add tomatoes, and let it cook for another minute or so.
- Add coconut milk and peas and stir well, bring to a low simmer.
- Add tortellini and toss gently to coat.
- Add pepper flakes and salt to taste.
- Remove from heat and stir in basil or parsley.