This tiramisu cake is so delicious you won't be able to stop eating it. It's two layers of feather-light ladyfinger cake smeared with a decadent vegan cream cheese frosting and finished off with a sprinkle of cocoa powder and homemade espresso syrup. This is the perfect dish to serve with coffee or after a tasty meal
Tiramisu Cake [Vegan]
For the Cake:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Vegan cream cheese frosting
- Cocoa powder, to top
For the Quick Espresso Syrup:
- 1 shot espresso
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and sea salt in a bowl. Stir the ingredients until they are evenly mixed.
- Add in olive oil, almond milk, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Stir the mixture until is smooth.
- Pour into two eight-inch baking pans and bake the cakes for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Take out the cakes and leave them in the pans until they have cooled to to room temperature.
- Remove the cakes from the pans, cover them in plastic wrap, and refrigerate them overnight.
- Pour a shot of espresso and mix it with the syrup.
- Chill this until you are ready to use it.
- Place one of the cake layers on a cake stand or a plate, brush it with espresso syrup, smear on half of the cream cheese frosting and dust it with cocoa powder.
- Repeat this process with the next layer.
- Whole Wheat