Love thin mints? Now you can make your own with this simple recipe for crispy mint shortbread cookies dipped in vegan chocolate!
Thin Mint Copycats [Vegan]
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour unbleached
- 1/4 cup Dutch Process Cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Sea Salt pinch
- 1/2 cup and 2 tablespoons Confectioners Sugar
- 10 tablespoons Cold Vegan Butter
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Mint Extract
- Tempered Chocolate or Non Tempering Chocolate Coating
- Prepare the chocolate cookie dough by combining the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and confectioners sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend on low speed to combine, the add the diced cold vegan butter and continue blending on low to medium speed. It will seem that this is taking forever to come together and you will think there is something wrong with the recipe. Just wait. It may take 5 minutes or more
- It will eventually come together and at that point you can add the vanilla extract and blend on high for 10 seconds to incorporate well.
- Turn the very soft, sticky dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper (the plastic is way easier though) and then place another piece over top
- Roll to about ¼" thickness as shown in the video.
- Cut the dough with a 1¾" cookie cutter (dip the cutter in flour to make sure they don't stick in your cutter) and place them spaced ½" apart on a parchment lined (or non stick) sheet pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes and then transfer them to a cooling rack