I was excited to get my hands on some lemongrass and thought it might do wonders in a pea soup... well, I was so right. This soup is thick, creamy with a little kick (or more if you like!). And that color is amazing! This is a simple standby recipe you can easily add into your spring menu.
Thai Spring Pea Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Thai Spring Pea Soup [Vegan]
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups frozen or fresh peas
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp yellow curry
- 2 stalks fresh lemongrass, minced
- 1/2 can coconut milk (full fat is creamier!)
How to Prepare Thai Spring Pea Soup [Vegan]
- Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat and add chopped onions, saute until soft for 5 minutes or so. Next add the chopped garlic, stirring for a couple of minutes (don't let it burn).
- Add peas, minced or finely chopped lemongrass, and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, you can lower the heat to low, add the curry while it simmers for 10-15 minutes, covered.
- Turn the heat off and add the coconut milk, with either an emulsion blender or pouring it into a blender, blend the soup until smooth. If it's too thick, you can just add water to thin it out or if you want it thicker... add more coconut milk! Serve.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.