Fresh, flavorful, and a little spicy, this Thai-inspired coconut rice is a great recipe to add to your weekly rotation!
Thai Coconut Rice [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup diced green onions
- 1 cup crushed roasted peanuts
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- In a small pot, add the rice, water, coconut milk, garlic and ginger.
- Cook on low heat for 30 minutes mostly covered. Stir a few times to keep the rice from sticking on the bottom
- Once cooked, cover and turn the heat off.
- In another large sauté pan, add the peppers, onion, carrots, and jalapeño with the toasted sesame oil and sauté on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the heat, and stir in the rice.
- Add the cilantro and green onions.
- Add the peanuts and serve.
This should last about 1 week in the fridge. Enjoy!