If you want this recipe to be 100 percent raw, don't worry about the teriyaki tofu and potato. You can use your favorite raw vegan cheese or nut pate if you want. Also, use sprouts instead of rice, buuuuuuut... i suggest making the tofu and potato with rice. It's so worth it. The black rice really raised the meal to another level of sophistication (and good health, of course). It's an intriguing sight and fun to cook because the water turns dark purple. Spooky. You could instead use brown rice or quinoa or whatever whole grain you have. Enjoy!
Teriyaki Tofu Roll With Avocado, Cucumber, Potato, and Black Rice [Vegan]
3 - 4
- 1 package tofu
- 2 potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup black rice recommended
- nori sheets
- Cook the rice as directed. cut the tofu, potato, cucumber and avocado into long strips.
- Sautee the tofu, potato and garlic in the tamari, liquid smoke and olive oil.
- Spread the rice onto the nori sheets and lay down all the ingredients (including the tofu and stuff).
- Roll in up and slice with a sharp knife into rolls.
- Serve with tamari for dipping.