In this recipe for bread, all-purpose flour is replaced with a healthier, ancient grain flour: teff! Along with wheat bran and chia seeds (as a replacement for egg) this bread is just as moist and dense as any other regular bread, but much healthier! Toast a slice with some vegan butter and jam or serve it alongside some tofu scramble for a wholesome breakfast.
Teff Bran Chia Bread [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Teff Bran Chia Bread [Vegan]
- 2 cups teff flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds
How To Make Teff Bran Chia Bread [Vegan]
- Preheat oven at 400°F and prepare a bread pan by greasing and dusting it.
- In a mixing bowl, combine teff flour and wheat bran. Mix properly with a spoon.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, and salt to it and mix very well so that there are no lumps.
- Add all the ingredients (except water, sesame seeds, and flax seeds).
- Mix with hands so that the flour is well combined with all the ingredients.
- Now, slowly add water to it making it into a soft tortilla-like dough.
- Roughly shape the dough according to the bread pan size without pressing too much.
- Top it with sesame seeds and flax seeds and place the pan in the middle section of the oven.
- Bake it for 35-40 minutes until the tester comes out clean and the bread is crispy from outside.
- Turn off the oven. Take out the bread and cool it for few minutes. Cut into your desired slices and enjoy with any spread of your choice.
- Chia Seeds
- Teff Flour
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile