Mushrooms are probably the first vegetable anyone would associate with a meat-free barbecue and for good reason. Far from being a boring cliché, mushrooms are a versatile barbecue option… if you add a little something extra to them; I’m sure many a mushroom ends up just being plonked, as it is, onto a barbecue. The marinade on these tangy mushrooms skewers makes them big on flavor as well as texture!
Tangy Mushroom Skewers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Tangy Mushroom Skewers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 20 large button mushrooms, cleaned For the Marinade:
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1 tablespoons plant-based honey or liquid sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce (optional)
How to Prepare Tangy Mushroom Skewers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl
- Add the mushrooms to the bowl and fully coat the mushrooms in the marinade
- Leave to marinade for a few minutes, before carefully threading onto wooden skewers.
- Place on a hot barbecue and cook for around twenty minutes, turning frequently, until the mushrooms are cooked through.
If you want to give the mushrooms a bit of extra crisp, then slide them off the skewer a couple of minutes before serving and cook on a barbecue-proof tray.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.