This high protein cookies will keep you full and give you a sweet treat! You can even take these on trips or for any time you're on the go!
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Using an electric mixer, combine the Earth Balance and sugar and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the tahini and molasses and mix until well incorporated.
- Add your water and vanilla and mix again.
- In a small bowl mix your flours, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry mix to the electric mixer and beat just to combine. Do not over mix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the batter into balls and place them on a prepared cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls slightly.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden.
- Allow them to cool slightly before transferring to a cooling rack.