These vegan and Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy, and made with simple, wholesome ingredients.
Tahini Chocolate Chip Cookies [Vegan]
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup debittered brewer's yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix the ground flax seeds with water in a medium bowl. Set aside for 10-15 minutes to thicken and gel. Add the remaining wet ingredients and stir to combine.
- Fold in the dry ingredients and mix to form a dough. Add dark chocolate chips and refrigerate for 30 minutes (optional but recommended).
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350°F. Form dough balls and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking tray, leaving enough room between cookies for them to spread.
- Bake for around 12 minutes on the center rack until it gets golden around the edges. Let them cool on the baking tray 10 minutes before touching, during which time they will firm up. Enjoy and store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days.