Full of flavor and extra delicious, these golden pieces are a bomb of a treat and kids love them too. These delights are wonderful served on a bed of rice, or in a wholemeal pita bread, with a crunchy green salad to complement it – and of course, some wonderful favorite vegan dressing.
Sweetcorn Sunrise Burgers [Vegan]
- 1¾ cups cooked sweetcorn
- ¾ cup polenta (cornmeal ground)
- ½ cup plain unbleached self-raising flour
- 2 tsp egg replacer
- ½ tsp corn-flour
- ¼ tsp curry powder (optional)
- ¾ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
- 1 large Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup of grated vegan melting cheese of your choice
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup grated carrot
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place half of your sweetcorn in a food processor and pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Meanwhile, add all the dried ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until blended. Now add the processed sweetcorn, together with the remaining whole sweetcorn, and give them a good mix. Finally, add the sundried tomatoes and the rest of the ingredients, one at a time, and continue to mix until all has blended into a nice thick consistency. If a little too runny, add a little more flour. Then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Dust a large plate with flour, roll your sleeves up, wash your hands, and roll enough of the mix in the palms of your hands to form a ball. Then flatten slightly into the shape of a burger, place on the dusted plate, and put in fridge for another few minutes.
- Now heat some olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, and fry the burgers for around 5 minutes on a medium to low heat – flip them over once, and then a few moments later, flip them one last time. Finally, place onto a greased dish and oven bake for 15 minutes or so in a 400ºF (200ºC) oven, until golden.
- Serve hot and do not hesitate to add some more grated vegan cheese!!! Sweet chilli sauce is a favourite topping for this dish – as is a huge salad to accompany it!!!