Snacks don't get much better than these sweet potato pretzel knots! Sweet potato pretzel knots that is! They are warm, yet fluffy on the inside, and salty, but chewy on the outside. They are divine little knots of goodness ready to be dipped in that fabulous mustard sauce bursting with the sweet aromas of curry.
Sweet Potato Pretzel Knots With Curried Mustard [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Sweet Potato Pretzel Knots With Curried Mustard [Vegan]
For the Pretzels:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cup light spelt flour (or all-purpose)
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached bread flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sweet potato purée
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1/4 cup water
For the Bath:
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling over the knots
For the Mustard:
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
How To Make Sweet Potato Pretzel Knots With Curried Mustard [Vegan]
To Make the Pretzels:
- Combine the 1/2 cup warm water and the maple syrup in a measuring cup. Sprinkle the yeast on top. Set aside for 5 minutes, or until the mixture foams.
- In a large bowl whisk together flours and salt. When yeast has finished proofing, add it to the flour, along with the sweet potato purée, oil, and water. Mix with a large wooden spoon until it is too hard to stir.
- Empty the dough onto well-floured surface and knead by hand until smooth, about 5-8 minutes. Try to add no more than an extra 1/2 cup flour.
- Place dough in a large oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rise in a warm dry place for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 430°F and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Once the dough has risen, divide it into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a 5 or 6-inch rope. Tie each rope in a knot and place on floured surface and let rest a few minutes.
- Bring the 8 cups of water to a boil in a large shallow saucepan then add the baking powder. Place the pretzels (3 at a time), knot side down, in the boiling water for 30-45 seconds. Remove them with a slotted spoon and place on baking tray, knot side up. Sprinkle each knot with coarse sea salt.
- Bake for approximately 14 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 5 minutes before serving with the mustard.
To Make the Mustard:
- Mix together the mustard ingredients in a small bowl.
- Sweet Potato
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
These are not pretzels