These towers are gorgeous and so rich. The eggplant and sweet potato combine for a stunning combination of purple and orange, savory and sweet! Just stack them up and drizzle with cashew cream for a beautifully arranged meal!
Sweet Potato Eggplant Tower [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 eggplant
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme
- Fresh black pepper
- Cashew cream
- Pre-heat the oven to 425°F.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small cubes, wash the eggplant, cut into slices 1/2-inch thick, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 pinch of salt.
- Place both on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and bake for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile peel the onion and finely chop.
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and fry the onions over medium heat.
- Then mix with sweet potato cubes and almond paste.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Then layer eggplant slices with the sweet potato filling and add vegan cashew cream.