When you change a recipe to make it healthier, there are little tricks we can do. In this case, instead of using baked potatoes, these sweet potatoes are roasted in the oven. In this way your natural sweet is more concentrated, not needing to add as many sweeteners. The almond flour leaves them with an even richer flavor and the rice flour helps activate the flavors. These sweet potato cookies will be your new favorite!
Sweet Potato Christmas Cookies [Vegan, Sugar-Free]
About 20 cookies
- 7/8 cup of baked sweet potato, mashed
- 2/3 cup of almond flour
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon rice flour
- 3 1/2 ounces Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon anise powder
- 1 ounce dried fruit (figs, raisins, almonds, walnuts ...)
- 1 pinch of salt
- After baking the sweet potatoes, remove the skin and mash them.
- Turn on the oven at 350ºF.
- To this mash add the Brown Rice Syrup, the flour, the cinnamon and anise, the yeast and the salt.
- Mix everything thoroughly with a wooden spoon or blender.
- Add the nuts and fold into the dough.
- If the dough is very thin, add a little more rice flour.
- Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Make small balls with the dough and place them on the board.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven, let cool on a net and put them in a box.
- Sweet Potato