These Superfood Truffle Balls are a great option for satisfying your sweet tooth and for putting cravings in their place. They are also an easy way to pack a great deal of nutrition into a delicious and convenient form. You can eat a few of them a day, so you make a big batch at one time and store them in the freezer. They are so easy to grab as you head out the door. Also, these truffles will not freeze solid, so you can eat them straight from the freezer—no thawing required!
Superfood Truffle Balls [Vegan, Raw]
- 1 cup of walnuts preferably pre-soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup fresh or soaked dried dates pitted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons favourite nut butter almond, coconut, cashew, macadamia hazelnut
- 2-4 tablespoons superfood powder depending on potency, suggestions: acai, maqui, maca, spirulina, matcha
- In a food processor grind the nuts until finely chopped
- Add pitted dates + all remaining ingredients and process until a dense dough has formed.
- Remove the mixture from the food processor.
- To shape into balls, use a tablespoon or your hands to scoop the mixture (however much you like to make one ball); roll between the palms of your hands.
- Place on a plate and refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour before serving.