Sensitive stomachs, rejoice! This is a dairy-free, nut-free, grain-free, and coconut-free cheesey spread! This tastes similar to a smoky cheddar cheese, except it's easier to spread than cheddar cheese. Win-win situation going on here. Slab this on bread, veggies, crackers, grapes, whatever! You can't really do anything bad with this spread because it's just that good.
Sunflower ‘Cheddar’ Spread [Vegan, Grain-Free]
1 1/2 cups of spread
- 1/2 cup raw (unsalted) sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup water, plus more as needed for thinning
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons miso (such as chickpea miso)
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt as needed
- Drain and rinse the sunflower seeds. Add them to the blender along with all of the other ingredients except the salt. Blend until smooth.
- Taste and add salt as needed. Serve.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.