Strawberries and rhubarb are a match made in heaven, and here they are swirled together with coconut cream in this delightful frozen treat!
Strawberry-Rhubarb-Coconut Pops [Vegan]
- 6 rhubarb stalks, chopped (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- About 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk (I used a little less)
- 10 serving popsicle mold
- 10 popsicle sticks
- Place chopped rhubarb, strawberries and maple syrup in a small pot on the stove over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, turn heat to low and continue simmering for about 15 minutes until the rhubarb is tender.
- Using an immersion blender (or pouring the mixture into a blender), blend until pureed. You should have about 2 cups of puree. Place in the fridge to cool.
- Meanwhile, pour about 1 teaspoon of coconut milk into the bottom of each popsicle mold, place the top on the molds and put the sticks in place in each one. Stick the molds in the freezer to freeze.
- Once the strawberry rhubarb mixture is completely cooled, take the pops out of the freezer and layer 1 tablespoon onto the coconut milk. Place the pops back in the freezer and the strawberry rhubarb mixture back in the fridge.
- Once the first two layers are frozen, repeat with 1 teaspoon of coconut milk and 1 tablespoon of strawberry rhubarb mixtures, freezing after each layer.
- Once the pops are completely frozen, you can unmold them by placing them in a shallow bath of warm water. I just filled up rectangular baking dish a few inches for this. You can also fill your sink a few inches. It only takes about 20 seconds or so in the water bath for the pops to become loose, though you will have to tug a bit to get them out.
- Relax and enjoy!
You don't have to wait for each layer to freeze if you are in a hurry or just impatient. The layers won't come out quite as perfect, they might mix together just a bit, but they will still taste fabulous!