This Strawberry Mousse contains only 3 plant-based ingredients, so it’s super-duper simple to make and can be whipped up in under ten minutes. Maybe five, depending on your strawberry-slicing skills. You’d never be able to tell there is tofu in this mousse. The agave and strawberries do a good job of masking the soy-like flavor of the tofu, but the texture of the mousse is blissfully perfect: smooth, soft, and unbelievably light, which makes this a great alternative to chocolate mousse if you find that too heavy on the stomach.
Strawberry Mousse [Vegan]
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 2 cups firm tofu, drained
- 3 tablespoons agave sweetener
- Grated/shaved dark dairy-free chocolate, to serve
- A few strawberries to serve
- Blend the strawberries first; when they’ve turned into a fruit paste, add the tofu in little bits.
- When the mousse starts to thicken so much that it doesn’t seem to blend anymore, add the agave syrup. It will blend, just rather slowly because of the thick consistency, but that’s how you want it to be.
- When the mousse is completely smooth, stop the blender and pour into 4 wine glasses.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours; for a firm mousse-like texture, chill overnight.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 540 | Total Carbs: 56 g | Total Fat: 22 g | Total Protein: 43 g | Total Sodium: 63 g | Total Sugar: 42 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Is the tofu just regular firm or is it the silken type?
Eloise Hewson we should try this!