A simple Indian transformation for wintery Brussels sprouts that will bring color and spark to your table.
Stir Fried Brussels Sprouts With Ginger and Curry Leaves [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Stir Fried Brussels Sprouts With Ginger and Curry Leaves [Vegan]
- 1 pound young brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced or freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 10-12 curry leaves or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium red tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 11/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
How to Prepare Stir Fried Brussels Sprouts With Ginger and Curry Leaves [Vegan]
- Remove the tops of the Brussels sprouts, cut them into half and then into fine slices. Set them aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium high heat for about a minute.
- Add in the ginger and the black mustard seeds and wait until the mustard seeds crackle.
- Add in the curry leaves or thyme and add in the Brussels sprouts and mix well.
- Add in the salt and the onion and tomato and mix well and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper and the turmeric and stir well.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro and serve immediately.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.