A simple Indian transformation for wintery Brussels sprouts that will bring color and spark to your table.
Stir Fried Brussels Sprouts With Ginger and Curry Leaves [Vegan]
- 1 pound young brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced or freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 10-12 curry leaves or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium red tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 11/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- Remove the tops of the Brussels sprouts, cut them into half and then into fine slices. Set them aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium high heat for about a minute.
- Add in the ginger and the black mustard seeds and wait until the mustard seeds crackle.
- Add in the curry leaves or thyme and add in the Brussels sprouts and mix well.
- Add in the salt and the onion and tomato and mix well and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper and the turmeric and stir well.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro and serve immediately.