These tender, lemony artichokes with meaty, sweet fava beans in a golden, buttery, light broth make the most delicious, filling meal and in less than 30 minutes! The white wine and fresh lemon juice give the broth a light, buttery goodness that will have you sopping up every last drop so make sure you have a nice loaf of crusty bread on hand!
Stewed Artichokes With Fava Beans [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (3-4 cloves)
- 1/3 cup chopped scallions (or leeks)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 cup (8-ounces) fava beans (cooked)
- 10-12 artichoke hearts
- 1 teaspoon crushed, dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup fresh, chopped dill with extra for garnish
- Saute scallions and garlic in olive oil over low heat for 2-3 minutes. Careful not to burn!
- Add the fava beans and drained artichokes, salt, crushed marjoram, and white wine. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add water and lemon juice, bring to low boil and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add dill.
- Gently stir to combine all and allow to sit for a few minutes before serving. Serve hot from the stove, garnish with fresh dill and a wedge of lemon alongside a good piece of bread.