Crispy and slightly golden on the outside, chewy on the inside with the perfect blend of spiciness, smokiness, and sweetness, these black bean burgers are love at first bite. While some healthy dishes may not be considered filling enough, this burger provides long-lasting, delicious energy! Top them with a generous splash of chili sauce for an extra spicy kick or a dollop of vegan sour cream if you’d like to tune the heat down a bit instead.
Sriracha Black Bean Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup oat flour or whole wheat flour
- 2-3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano or parsley
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons nut or seed butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 3/4 cup corn (drained and rinsed if using canned)
- 6 whole grain burger buns and toppings of choice
- Combine all ingredients except for the corn in a food processor and pulse until compact.
- Add more water if desired, you want a dough-like consistency.
- Mix in the corn, taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and shape the “dough” into six patties on the sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for about 15-20 minutes, until the patties firm up and get a little golden and crispy at the edges.
- Serve with you favorite toppings.
- Beans - Black