Spiralized veggies are a great way to get your pasta fix and cut down on carbs. This squash "spaghetti" consists of thick pumpkin noodles tossed in a fragrant sage pesto made from raw pumpkin seeds and almonds with a delicate touch of fresh parsley. Top it with fresh sage leaves and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
Squash Spaghetti With Sage Pesto [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 10.6 ounces squash of choice
- 20 fresh sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- About a 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- A few tablespoons water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- A few drops of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Spiralize the squash. Salt lightly, add a few drops of lemon juice, then stir to coat and let sit.
- Prepare the pesto be placing all other ingredients, except for olive oil and water, in a blender or food processor. Gradually add olive oil and water to achieve your desired consistency.
- Toss the spaghetti with pesto and serve immediately.