Hello BBQ season. For me, the grill is a vehicle for which I just throw everything on it and see what happens. Ive had some really good surprises and some fails. Radishes on the grill though are a total win.These little kabobs would be perfect for that light summertime dinner while movie watching. Thats what they kind of remind me of. Dinner and movie night. I have no idea why though. Maybe because kabobs are so portable? Grab some skewers, sit on down and munch type food.
Spring Vegetable Kabobs With Orange Sesame Dressing [Vegan]
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 pk. tempeh
- 1/4 c. fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. Braggs Liquid Aminos
- 1.5 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt to taste
- Fill a large baking pan with water. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour. This will prevent them from burning on the grill. If you are using metal skewers you can skip this part.
- Heat up a gas grill to high heat.
- In a shallow dish combine all the ingredients for the marinade. Whisk to combine.
- Take the skewers and thread vegetables and tempeh onto them.
- Using a pastry brush, generously coat kabobs with marinade. Reserve the rest of the dressing for later.
- Place skewers on grill and cook about 8 minutes on each side.
- Serve with remaining dressing on the side.
Make sure to reserve some of the dressing so you can use it as a dip!