Creamy spinach, savory sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh herbs come together in these delicious tarts. They are perfect for lunch with a small salad on the side or just to bring to picnics as a snack! Yum!
Spinach Tomato Quiche Tarts [Vegan]
For the Dough:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup soft coconut oil (not melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Filling:
- 1 14-ounce package silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon potato starch
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs (basil, rosemary, oregano, thyme)
- A pinch of black Himalayan salt
- 3/4 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, cut into thin rings
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- Vegan Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Make the dough by combining the flour, water, softened coconut oil (make sure it’s not melted) and salt in a medium sized bowl.
- Knead the mixture into a smooth dough (you can use a hand mixer for help) and form a ball. Let it rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, covered with a kitchen towel.
- In the meantime, cut the green onions into thin rings and chops up the spinach and sun dried tomatoes.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tofu, oil, starch, spices, and black Himalayan salt, if you desire. Whisk together and add in the sun-dried tomatoes, green onions, and spinach one after another. Combine well and let rest in the refrigerator.
- Divide the dough into 12 equally-sized small portions and place baking cups into a muffin tray. Use one portion per cup and evenly press the dough into the cups and make sure to press it up the sides as well.
- Preheat the oven to 355°F.
- Pour in the tofu mix evenly into the cups, top with half a cherry tomato, and sprinkle vegan Parmesan on top if you'd like.
- Place the whole tray in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes at 355°F.
- Allow to cool down a bit before serving.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile