What’s fab about this recipe, is simply everything! This soup has minimal ingredients, veggie packed, easy, creamy, affordable, perf for the fall season, can be made in minutes, can be made in bulk, perf for entertaining, has aesthetic appeal, and is just a game changing recipe!
Spinach Artichoke Soup [Vegan]
- 1 cup sliced leeks, light green part only
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can coconut milk, full fat
- 5-6 cups fresh spinach (you can always use less)
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan (optional)
- 1 cup soaked cashews
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Sauté leeks and garlic in oil in a large pot over medium-high heat until leeks are soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add artichokes; sauté 2-4 minutes, I like to get crispy brown pieces on the artichokes as it adds flavor. Add the wine and simmer until nearly evaporated.
- Stir in the vegetable broth, coconut milk bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low.
- Take about a cup full of the soup and add it to a blender or food processor with the soaked cashews. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture back into the pot. Simmer for 5 minutes, then add the spinach and vegan Parmesan (optional), and stir until spinach wilts; season soup with salt and pepper and serve.