Rosti, also called roschti are originally a Swiss breakfast dish made from mildly seasoned grated potatoes that are pan-fried as a large pancake or fritter. This version is inspired by the original but they’re made with sweet potatoes and seasoned with ginger, curry leaves with added onions and bell peppers. Packed with flavor, these make amazing breakfast or brunch items, as well as appetizers. They absolutely have to be tried with vegan sour cream.
Spicy Sweet Potato Rosti: Swiss Potato Fritter [Vegan]
- 2 cups raw sweet potato, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- 3 curry leaves, finely chopped
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons oil, to grease the pan
- Squeeze the grated raw sweet potato to remove most of the liquid.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
- Heat a pan over medium-low heat. Shape spoonfuls of the sweet potato batter into patties.
- Fry and flip until golden brown on both sides, about 15 minutes total.
- Serve hot with a vegan yogurt or vegan sour cream.
- Sweet Potato