Turn up the heat as the weather gets colder with this Spicy Quesadilla recipe. A warm tortilla stuffed with spiced vegetables and melted cheese, this recipe is sure to hit the spot. Customize it with your favorite spices and toppings!
Spicy Quesadillas [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 13.5-ounce can kidney beans, cooked
- 4 green jalapeños, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- Gluten-free Wraps
- Vegan cheese
- Heat up the oil in a large wok. Shallow fry the chopped onion & garlic on a low heat until golden, then add in the red & yellow pepper. Cook for a few minutes until softened, then add the kidney beans, tomato, jalapeños, and seasoning. Cook for around 5-10 minutes until soft, stirring with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking.
- Line baking trays with grease-proof paper and lay out the tortilla wraps. Divide the filling onto each wrap and top with grated cheese. Fold over the tortilla wrap.
- Cook for around 5 minutes or until lightly brown and the cheese has melted.
- Cut the quesadillas in half, and serve whilst warm with a drizzle of sour cream, salsa, guacamole, lime juice, fresh salad, olives, and fresh coriander.