These loaded nachos are a protein-packed and flavorful snack. In this recipe, tofu, black beans, avocado, spicy peppers, and salsa are piled high on a bed of crispy nachos. Quick and easy to make, this dish is a perfect game-day party appetizer or even a savory and fulfilling breakfast dish.
Spicy Loaded Nachos [Vegan]
- 4 large tomatoes
- 1 serrano chile pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 15-ounce block of firm tofu
- 1/2 cup of red onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 5 radishes, thinly cut
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- In a pan, sauté the tomatoes, garlic, and chili pepper. When the tomatoes are slightly burnt on all sides, add a teaspoon of salt, and smash them into a salsa-like consistency.
- Press tofu until almost all of the water is drained and crumble into small pieces.
- Slice and add the red onion with another teaspoon of salt and mix well.
- On a plate, lay out the tortilla chips. Add the tofu and then pour over the salsa.
- Add the avocado, black beans, cilantro, radishes, and jalapeño.
- Try to enjoy immediately, as the tortillas get soft when left under the salsa for a long period of time.