There’s only one thing better than cheese – spicy cheese. This cheese recipe combines a fiery mixture of spices with various peppers and a bit of chickpea flour into a stunningly tasty cheese. Plus, this cheese is lighter (and cheaper) than your usual, nut-based vegan cheeses.
Spicy Jalapeño ‘Cheese’ [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 3 slices of pickled jalapeños
- 2 cans roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tomato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- We put all the ingredients in the glass of the mixer and we mix them very well until obtaining a homogenous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a case and cook over medium heat stirring often. When the mixture thickens well cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a slightly oiled mold or silicone mold to remove mold more easily then cool 1-2 hours.