This spaghetti squash veggie teriyaki bowl will quickly become your new favorite simple dinner! It's both hearty and healthy and filled with plenty of seasonal vegetables. The bowl is an affordable way of satisfying those takeout cravings.
Spaghetti Squash Teriyaki Bowl [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (3-4 cups cooked)
- 2/3 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced (a little less than one cup)
- 1/2 cup packed sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced sweet onion
- 3/4 cup chopped Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 6 tablespoons teriyaki sauce (grain-free)
- 3 tablespoons water
- Hemp seeds or sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise, remove seeds, and add to cookie sheet faced down. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until flesh can be combed with a fork and has a pasta-like texture. Set aside to cool.
- When the squash has about 10 minutes to go, add bell peppers, onions, and carrots to a large sauté pan and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts and edamame and cook another 5-7 minutes or until all vegetables are crisp tender.
- Stir in teriyaki sauce and water and mix to combine until all veggies are covered in sauce.
- Once spaghetti squash has cooked, cool for 5-10 minutes, then scrape all flesh out and add to teriyaki covered veggies. Stir to combine, divide into two bowls, cover with hemp or sesame seeds, and serve.