These are so crazy delicious, you better make them and then leave your house immediately to find other people to eat them with because if left alone with these, you WILL eat them all. These soft pretzels are made using pizza dough, so they don't require a lot of extra work in the kitchen. Dip these homemade pretzels in this cheesy, maple mustard sauce for an indulgent, delicious snack.
Soft Pretzels With Cheesy Maple Mustard Sauce [Vegan]
For the Pretzels:
- 1 packages of whole wheat pizza dough
- 4 cups of water
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- Sea salt
- Vegan butter or coconut oil
For the Cheesy Maple Mustard Sauce:
- 1 tablespoons vegan mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 heaping tablespoon nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium pot and stir in baking soda until it’s dissolved. Watch the pot, the baking soda acts quickly and will boil over.
- Cut dough into 8 equal pieces. and roll each piece into a 8 inch rope. Twist into a pretzel shape. Place on baking sheet. Repeat until all your dough is twisted,
- Gently place each raw pretzel into the boiling water and boil for about 1 minute.
- While those boil, grease your baking sheet with melted oil/vegan butter
- Remove dough from pot with a slotted spoon, drain off as much liquid as possible, and place back on the baking sheet.
- Brush each pretzel with more vegan butter/oil and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at for 10–12 minutes.
- While those are baking, prepare your sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once your pretzels are golden brown, remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Nutritional Yeast / Nooch