Puff Pastry Pretzel or soft pretzels are popular German Snacks between meals. It's surprisingly easy to make soft oven-baked pretzels right in your kitchen. You only need a few ingredients.
Soft Oven-Baked Pretzels [Vegan]
For the Pretzels:
- 1 package of puff pastry
- coarse salt
For the Lye bath:
- 10 ounces water
- .53 ounces baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 392° F top / bottom heat.
- Put the puff pastry on the fridge and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Roll out the puff pastry.
- Cut into four strips of equal width.
- Then roll these together and shape into pretzels.
- Bring the water to the boil in a saucepan, then stir in the baking soda.
- Now immerse the pretzel in the lye bath for 10 seconds and place it directly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Now just add a little coarse salt to the pretzel.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.