You'd be hard-pressed to find a person who doesn't enjoy the amazing flavor trifecta of s'mores. Chocolate? Marshmallow? Graham crackers? Each one is tasty in its own right, and amazing when put together, a point perfectly proven by this recipe for fluffy doughnuts coated with cocoa icing, drizzled with melted marshmallow, and topped with crushed graham crackers. Absolutely delicious.
S’mores Doughnuts [Vegan]
- Mix all dry doughnut ingredients then mix in wet. Once batter is smooth spray a doughnut baking sheet with oil. Add batter and bake about 15 minutes at 375°F.
- Make icing by whisking all the powdered sugar, cocoa powder, and almond milk together. Coat the doughnuts once they are cooled.
- Chop graham crackers into dust and small pieces.
- Microwave the vegan marshmallows carefully, keeping your eye on them, and testing the consistency frequently. When they start to puff up, add in 1 tablespoons of vegan butter and microwaved them so more. Mix the vegan butter with the vegan marshmallows and microwaved them again until the consistency is gooey but not too liquid.
- Quickly drizzle the marshmallows over the donuts and dust with graham crackers. Serve.