S’mores and summer just go hand in hand. With these dairy-free cookies, you can have s’mores year-round! They are chewy, soft, perfectly sweet, and melt in your mouth. They are super easy to make and bring the great outdoors right to your kitchen- well sort of. It’s a good consolation prize for if you can’t get out camping or if there is a fire ban. So put away the sticks and get those cookie trays out- year round s’mores are here!
S’mores Cookies [Vegan]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup sugar (coconut sugar, cane sugar or monkfruit sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup graham crackers (gluten-free/ broken into smaller pieces)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini vegan marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare the flax egg. Add 1 tablespoon flax meal mixed with 3 tablespoons water. Let it sit for roughly 5-10 minutes.
- Add the vegan butter and sugar to a bowl. I used the kitchen aid to whisk it together. I would suggest using hand beaters if you don't have a kitchen aid.
- Then add the vanilla and flax egg to the butter mixture.
- Combine the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing as you add it.
- Take the bowl of the kitchen aid stand (if you are using one). Crumple up the graham crackers until you have 1/2 cup or different sized pieces. You want them more on the small side. Add the chocolate chips, graham crackers, and the mini vegan marshmallows to the batter and mix together.
- Use a melon ball scoop (roughly 2 tablespoons of batter) to divide the cookies onto a lined baking.
- The batter should make roughly 12 cookies. Roll each cookie dough into a ball and place on the baking sheet. They will spread in the oven, so make sure there is adequate spacing between each cookie. I suggest 6-8 cookies on a baking sheet at a time.
- Bake the cookies for 12-14 minutes. Let the cookies cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet, and then for at least 5 minutes on a cooling rack. Store cookies in a sealed container on the counter.