Do you always order miso soup to start off your sushi outings? If so, you should definitely try this heartier version which also includes delicious lentils and cubes of tofu. In addition to miso, this flavorful broth contains ginger, soy sauce, onion, and rice vinegar. Toss all the ingredients in a slow-cooker in the morning and check dinner off your list for the day!
Slow-Cooker Lentil Miso Soup [Vegan]
- 1 cup dried green lentils
- 2 tablespoons white miso paste
- 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups green chard or bok choy, finely chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 14-ounce package firm tofu, drained and cut into ½-inch cubes
- Lemon slices
- Ground sea salt, as desired
- Add all ingredients to a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high 4-5 hours.
- Serve immediately with a lemon slice.