Bread in the slow cooker? Oh yeah, this bread is almost like focaccia and is best eaten next to a big bowl of soup or pasta. Start it when you get home from work and have a hearty, buttery bread ready for an evening night in!
Slow Cooked Italian Herb Bread [Vegan]
- 1 package of instant dry yeast
- 1 3/4 warm water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 1/2 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian herbs
- 6 small rosemary sprigs
- Put yeast, salt, oil, and water in a large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon.
- Add flour and herb mix then stir until a wet dough comes together. cover with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature for 2 hours to rise.
- Line base of the slow cooker with baking paper.
- Using damp hands pick up the dough and transfer to slow cooker, push down with fingertips to flatten until it covers most of the base scatter top of the dough with extra salt and herb mix, push rosemary sprigs into the dough.
- Cover the bowl of the slow cooker with a piece of paper towel, put the lid on and set on high, cook for 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Remove your bread, serve as is or place under the grill for a golden crust.
- Serve with olive oil, soup, chili, or pasta.