These roasted carrots have got it all going on – and they're easy to make. After rubbing the carrots with sesame oil, they are tossed in a smoky, fiery blend of salt and spices and then seared in the hot skillet. At the end, these carrots are sweet, tender, and dangerously addictive.
Skillet-Roasted Chili Carrots [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 pound medium-sized carrots
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- A few sprigs of mint
- Place a large cast iron skillet into an oven.
- Preheat it to 400°F. Heat for around 20 minutes.
- Add the carrots to a large bowl, rubbing them down with the sesame oil, followed by the rest of the ingredients, except for the mint.
- Toss the carrots onto the hot, cast iron pan and roast for 20-30 minutes, rolling the carrots halfway through the roast time. Continue cooking them as needed until done to your liking.
- To serve, garnish them with the with fresh mint leaves.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile