These roasted carrots have got it all going on – and they're easy to make. After rubbing the carrots with sesame oil, they are tossed in a smoky, fiery blend of salt and spices and then seared in the hot skillet. At the end, these carrots are sweet, tender, and dangerously addictive.
Skillet-Roasted Chili Carrots [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Skillet-Roasted Chili Carrots [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 pound medium-sized carrots
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Korean chili flakes (gochugaru)
- 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- A few sprigs of mint
How to Prepare Skillet-Roasted Chili Carrots [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Place a large cast iron skillet into an oven.
- Preheat it to 400°F. Heat for around 20 minutes.
- Add the carrots to a large bowl, rubbing them down with the sesame oil, followed by the rest of the ingredients, except for the mint.
- Toss the carrots onto the hot, cast iron pan and roast for 20-30 minutes, rolling the carrots halfway through the roast time. Continue cooking them as needed until done to your liking.
- To serve, garnish them with the with fresh mint leaves.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.