This is one great bread recipe. Simple, easy but so delicious. This recipe requires six ingredients and is done in 20 minutes. Great for Sunday breakfast or a sweet lunch. A vegan bread that you can make sweet but also savory. This is sort of like a flat doughnut or a fried flatbread that you can top with anything of your choosing! Are you ready to learn how you can make fabulous fried sugared bread? Let's get started!
6-Ingredient Fabulous Fried Sweet Bread [Vegan]
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- Put the flour, baking powder, and salt int a bowl. Mix together
- Add the water and oil.
- Stir into a dough and knead into an elastic dough.
- Cut into 5 equal pieces.
- Flatten each and role into a pancake. Make a hole in the center.
- Heat a large frying pan and fill it with a generous layer of oil.
- Fry the bread in about 30 seconds, turn and fry the other side until golden brown. The bread will be done in less than a minute.
- Remove excess oil on a paper towel before you roll the bread in a plate of sugar.
- Serve (sweet) with apple pie filling, pudding, jam, or caramel syrup for a sweet doughnut effect.
- Serve this savory, make it without the sugar and instead fill with guacamole, salsa, or dairy-free cheese dip.