These would be perfect gifts for Christmas, as a centerpiece at your festive dining table or to enjoy making and eating, they are scrumptious! The gingerbread is perfectly spiced with ginger and has a lovely crunch, which is exactly what you want in a ginger cookie.
Simple Gingerbread Houses [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free]
For the Gingerbread:
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons of gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon of ground ginger
- 4 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses
For the Icing:
- 3-ounces of chickpea brine
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of icing sugar
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the plain flour, coconut oil, ground ginger and molasses. Add more flour if too wet or coconut oil if too dry.
- Mix and bring together with your hands until a dough forms.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on your work surface, place the dough on top then lay another piece of baking paper on top of the dough then roll out the dough using a rolling pin. It's much easier and the dough doesn't stick to the worktop or rolling pin.
- Using a gingerbread house template, lay them on top of the dough and cut around the shapes.