Want to make vegan mac ‘n’ cheese without having to use any ‘cheese’? Then look no further. This recipe is SO easy so it’s a really quick and easy meal.
Simple Creamy Mac n’ Cheese [Vegan]
- 2 portions of pasta
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoons golden breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon reduced salt soy sauce*
- 1 cup vegan milk of choice
- Black pepper as desired
- Cook the pasta as directed on the packet, then when cooked, drain and set aside
- In the empty pan, add the butter (now on a low heat) and leave to melt, then add in the flour, nutritional yeast and breadcrumbs and whisk together to make a roux
- Then add in the milk, garlic powder, soy sauce and black pepper and whisk continually until the sauce thickens
- When thickened add the pasta back in and stir until it’s covered by sauce
- Then serve and enjoy!