This recipe is for perfect vegan coconut macaroons that won't fall apart. They're free of refined sugar, but still sweet. As they bake, the coconut toasts and takes on a delightfully nutty flavor. You don't need any special ingredients to make these vegan coconut macaroons either—everything you need is likely already in your pantry. Try them out! You’ll be happy you did!
Simple Coconut Macaroons [Vegan]
- 2 cups shredded unsweetened organic coconut
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (full-fat from a can or freshly homemade), lukewarm
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, soft but not liquid
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure stevia extract powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or palm sugar
- Preheat oven at 375°F and line a metal baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Gently scoop 1 tablespoon of the coconut mix and carefully drop on the prepared baking sheet. Use a small cookie scoop or a tablespoon if necessary.
- Bake on the middle rack for 20 minutes, or until the edges and bottom are slightly brown.
- Bump up your oven to its highest temperature and bake for 3 minutes or until the coconut macaroons are golden brown.
- Cool completely on a cooling rack and serve.