Fudgy, sweet, and full of nutrients, this raw vegan energy bar will help you seize the day. It’s packed full of small, yet mighty, seeds. These tasty little powerhouses contain all the nutrients needed to grow a healthy, complex plant. Those nutrients, and healthy fats, are so good for our bodies too!
Seedy Bars [Vegan]
12 bars (24 energy bites)
Ingredients You Need for Seedy Bars [Vegan]
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds, soaked in 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 cups (8 oz.) of dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (or 2 tablespoons of flax meal)
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
How to Prepare Seedy Bars [Vegan]
- Whisk the chia seeds and water in a small dish and set aside to gel. This will take 5-7 minutes.
- Line all sides of an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper to prevent sticking.
- Grind the flax seeds in a spice grinder or use flax meal (which is ground flax seed).
- Add the dates, tahini, vanilla and salt to a food processor, followed by the gelled chia seeds. Blend these ingredients together until a date paste forms, scraping down the sides of the food processor as necessary. The mixture will be very sticky.
- Transfer the date paste to a mixing bowl and add in oats, pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts and ground flax. Using your hands or a wooden spatula, mix the seeds and oats into the date paste. This is sticky business but well worth the effort.
- Scoop the dough into the parchment lined pan and press down with your hands or spatula. Sprinkle the top with sesame seeds.
- Lay a piece of parchment paper on top (to prevent sticking) and use the back side of a metal spatula to press and smooth out any lumps.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm and cut into 12 bars.
- Store in the fridge between pieces of parchment paper.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.