Sometimes the best way to defeat a sweet tooth is by embracing it. These raw satay cashew balls have a subtle sweetness, perfect for staving off those pesky sugar cravings. Their light flavor comes from sweetener and ginger, and is balanced out by by the treat’s nuttiness. And since they’re packed with cashews, these little guys are the a yummy and healthy snack to take on the go.
Satay Cashew Balls [Vegan]
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1 cup coconut, dessicated
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon chili
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons organic tamarind sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Sesame seeds and coconut to sprinkle
- Mix all the ingredients in a high speed blender or food processor until desired consistency.
- The dough should not be too dry or sticky.
- Shape mixture into balls and roll in sesame or dessicated coconut.
Keep in a glass container in the fridge for up to two weeks.