What's a better duo than salt and caramel? We bring you the quickest and easiest thick and delicious salted caramel cookies, with a healthy homemade caramel sauce which tastes incredible. Try not to eat the whole jar of caramel before you finish baking! These would be perfect as a gift or a little treat along with a tea or coffee.
Salted Caramel Cookie Sandwiches [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, whisk the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add in the milk and vanilla and combine.
- Add in the flour, caramel sauce, baking soda, and baking powder and mix until a dough forms.
Roll about 2 tablespoons of dough into balls, place onto the lined tray, and press down with the palm of your hand to flatten slightly. Repeat for all of the cookies.
- Pop the cookies into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Once baked, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. As they cool, they will crisp off.
- Drizzle on or sandwich in the caramel.