It’s the simple things in life. I found some gorgeous carrots of various colours and roasted them with some herbs, some garlic and a little olive oil and salt. So simple, yet a 100% delicious. I served it with a creamy thyme and rosemary sauce.
Rosemary Roasted Carrots With Creamy Thyme and Rosemary Sauce [Vegan]
- 12 large carrots, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 stems of rosemary
- 5 stems of thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for the frying pan)
- Leaves from 2 stems thyme
- Leaves from 1 small stem rosemary
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp agave
- ½ tsp salt (more to taste)
- ½ cup olive oil
- Turn the oven to 180 degrees.
- Wash and slice the carrots length-wise and place them in an oven tray. Sprinkle over the chopped garlic and the salt and place the rosemary and thyme stems on top. Drizzle the olive oil over it all before placing the tray in the oven to bake for 20 to 30 minutes. The carrots should be soft, and a little brown on top.
- Then make the sauce. Place 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan together with the leaves from the thyme and the rosemary, the chopped garlic and the chopped red onion. Bring it to low to medium heat while stirring for a few minutes until the onions start to get soft.
- Pour the soy milk into a blender and add the agave and the salt as well as the oil/herb/garlic/onion mix from the frying pan. Run the blender for a minute.
- Then very slowly, with the blender on full speed, add the ½ cup olive oil. Take your time, as it will help the sauce thicken.
- Pour the sauce into a jar and place in the fridge (where it will thicken a bit further), until the carrots are ready, ideally for at least ten minutes.
- Remove the carrots from the oven and serve them with the sauce and perhaps some extra salt on the side.