It's time to step up your grain bowl game and this roasted vegetable and BBQ jackfruit macro bowl is here to help. Jackfruit is marinated in a homemade barbecue sauce and then baked into crisp and slightly caramelized around the edges. Serve it with roasted and sautéed veggies and a big helping of brown rice. If you're not into jackfruit or aren't able to find any where you live, then you can simply try the marinade on some tempeh or tofu!
Roasted Veggie and BBQ Jackfruit Macro Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Veggie and BBQ Jackfruit Macro Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup jackfruit
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari, to make it gluten-free
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 head of broccoli
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 large zucchini, diced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Coconut oil
- Liquid aminos
- Onion powder
- Chili powder
- Black pepper and salt
- 2 cups brown rice
How to Prepare Roasted Veggie and BBQ Jackfruit Macro Bowl [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a medium bowl add maple syrup, soy sauce, molasses, coconut oil, paprika, and apple cider vinegar to jackfruit and place in refrigerator for 60-90 minutes. Start cooking rice and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut up broccoli and place in oven, baking for 30 minutes. Dice peppers and zucchini. Set aside. Remove jackfruit from refrigerator and spread evenly onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. You will most likely have some leftover marinade. Place jackfruit in oven for 20-25 minutes or until edges start to crisp.
- Remove broccoli from oven and add to a skillet or wok with peppers, zucchini, peas coconut oil, liquid aminos, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, parsley, black pepper, and salt over medium heat. Adjust spices to your preference as stated above. Cook, stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes. Remove jackfruit from oven and serve with brown rice, sprouts, and vegetables.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.