I love this chickpea flour and roasted vegetable frittata. Chickpea flour batter works so fabulous as an egg replacement that I think many people, vegans and nonvegans alike, could not tell the difference. It is a little bit more work than just mixing everything up and throwing it all into the oven, as the chickpea flour needs cooking first, and the veggies need to be roasted before mixing it all together. But, if you have roasted veggies already in the fridge, you can have this ready in less than 40 minutes.
Roasted Vegetable Frittata [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Roasted Vegetable Frittata [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free]
- 2-3 cups of roasted vegetables - I used a combination of cauliflower, pumpkin, red capsicum, and halved cherry tomatoes.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon liquid stock concentrate or a vegetable stock cube
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt ( this gives an eggy flavour)
How to Prepare Roasted Vegetable Frittata [Vegan, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free]
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the chickpea flour with 1 cup of water into a smooth paste.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Pour the chickpea flour mix into the saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Lower the heat and stir continuously until the batter thickens.
- Continue to cook, stirring for another 3 minutes.
- Gently fold in the roasted vegetables. It will be quite thick.
- Scoop the mix into an oiled cake tin or flan dish.
- Smooth the top with a wet spatula.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before turning out of the tin.
- Serve cold or warm.
Black salt, or kala namak, isn't black at all but actually a light pink. It can be found in most Asian markets.
Total Calories: 703 | Total Carbs: 95 g | Total Fat: 21 g | Total Protein: 33 g | Total Sodium: 1897 g | Total Sugar: 30 g Per Serving: Calories: 176 | Carbs: 24 g | Fat: 5 g | Protein: 8 g | Sodium: 474 mg | Sugar: 8 g Values will vary depending on method of roasting vegetables.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.