Pumpkin is a fascinating ingredient. It can be sweet, savory and spicy. It can be used in curries, soups, pies and pastries! Here it’s mixed in with roasted winter squash in a cozy pumpkin hummus, with a hint of spice. Serve with fresh crudités and warm pita for a delicious autumn snack. Bring it to a your next fall gathering and share the pumpkin love!
Roasted Squash and Pumpkin Hummus [Vegan]
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 tablespoons water (as needed)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Toss the butternut squash with the garlic and oil.
- Place on a sheet tray and roast in the oven for 20 minutes.
- When the butternut squash is tender, remove the garlic and squash from the oven and place in a food processor or blender.
- Puree the squash with the rest of the ingredients except the water salt and pepper.
- Add the water to the mixture if necessary to help the hummus blend easily.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.