This pasta is a great meal if you need to whip something up quickly for company. The sauce is made from roasted red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh basil, so you know it's going to be tasty. Top it with nutritional yeast or your favorite vegan cheese!
Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Bowl [Vegan]
- 1 16-ounce can roasted red peppers
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil, drained
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves, plus more for serving
- 12 ounces pasta of choice (gluten-free, grain-free, etc...)
- A few handfuls fresh arugula
- Small jar of vegan pesto
- 4 dollops of a creamy vegan cheese
- Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Put the red peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, cashews, and basil into a blender and blend them until they're smooth and creamy.
- Drain the pasta, then toss with as much sauce as you like. Divide the pasta between four bowls.
- Top it with pesto, arugula, vegan cheese, and the extra basil leaves.