This vegan chickpea curry is to die for! Chickpeas and spinach are blanketed in a rich, red pepper and coconut sauce for a hearty, spicy, super comforting curry that's also rich in iron! What more could you want for dinner? This vegan chickpea curry will have everybody wanting to come back for seconds (and maybe thirds)––it's just that delicious!
Roasted Red Pepper, Chickpea, and Spinach Curry [Vegan]
- 14 ounces red bell peppers (about 3 large peppers)
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 pinch of sea salt and pepper
- About 1 1/3 cups coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- 1 1/4 cups chickpeas
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- Bake the red bell peppers at 425°F for about 30 minutes until charred. Remove skin, seeds, and stems, then set aside.
- While the red bell pepper is roasting, heat up a pan and sauté the onion and garlic in the olive oil until golden brown and season generously with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- In a blender mix peppers, onion and garlic, coconut milk, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, and smoked paprika until well combined. If needed, season some more with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a skillet, add chickpeas, spinach, and halved tomatoes, and bake in the oven at 390°F for about 30 minutes. Serve with rice or freshly baked naan.
- Bell Pepper
- Chickpea Curry
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 1463 | Total Carbs: 177 g | Total Fat: 68 g | Total Protein: 38 g | Total Sodium: 207 g | Total Sugar: 76 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile
Bry :: you cannot get away from cooking the